Farm Manager – Salads & Plants
GBP32,000 -GBP38,000 + EXCELLENT Benefits including accommodation and vehicle
Full-time, 40-50 hours, Monday – Friday (Weekends if required)
Salad specialists are looking for a green fingered champion to spear head & lead a passionate team to manage their leaf production farm in Dorset.
From planning, to production, to post-harvest, you have the ability to lead a team and ensure the needs of the business are met. Your expertise in managing the land and its resources, ensuring the highest quality of the end product, allows you to guarantee success in the farming industry.
Duties of the successful Farm Manager will involve:
Employees have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by employees actions at work. Employees must cooperate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
· Perform and instruct general farm duties, these may include, water management, bed cleaning, levelling, planting, fertiliser application, rolling, harvesting, chipping & production planning
· Perform the administrative function that is required in the day to day needs of the farm.
· Assist in implementing new production methods that aim to improve the efficiency of the farm.
· Ensure all assets are maintained, utilised efficiently, manage production areas, buildings, and environs in a serviceable, tidy and weed Free State.
· Always observe company Health & Safety and Environment Policy requirements.
· You may be expected, if the need arises, to work on different sites in the UK; a driving licence will be an essential requirement if not already held.
· Understand the cycle of growing watercress, including the quality of water entering and discharging from beds and farms, following the criteria and ensuring compliance with EA discharge consents through the effective utilisation and maintenance of settlement facilities.
· Work as a team member and instil a positive approach within the workplace.
What can the successful Farm Manager Expect?
· Salary – GBP32k – GBP38k
· Car & accommodation
· Amazing array of extra benefits
Required experience & Characteristics of the successful Farm Manager
· Agricultural qualification highly advantageous
· Full driving licence
· Tractor driving skills are essential
· Computer Literacy
· Crop husbandry
· Flexibility and a drive to learn
· Excellent communication
· Horticultural or growing experience is essential
Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
#farmjobs #vantajobs #jobsindorset #farmmanagerjobs #agriculturaljobs
Rate of Pay
£32,000.00 – £38,000.00 per Annum
Job ID – VR/00563